So although the recent thought was these were to be working on Bluetooth connectivity it appears the initial reports are incorrect, it now appears Lucidsound will be using Wi-Fi Direct technology. The company approached Microsoft about licensing their Wi-Fi Direct technology last year, but were told that the company wasn’t taking any new partners. However, Microsoft came back to them after a month, since they had worked with Tritton in the past, and liked the work they are doing with LucidSound. So after being told it wasn’t possible, LucidSound now is licensed to use the Wi-Fi Direct technology.
Looking at the main selling points (and lack of Bluetooth) all looks good on these officially licensed cans. Heres hoping they have a better launch than the new Turtle Beach 600 and 700 series which have been plagued with mic drop outs and hissing noises (according to early reviews on Amazon and several Youtube videos)
Getting back to the LucidSound headphones the main points are below.
- Officially Licensed Xbox wireless: connects directly to your Xbox One Console in the same way as a wireless Controller and configures automatically. No wires or base station is needed
- Comfort: Designed for long-play sessions the LS35X uses memory foam ear cushions that offer superior comfort. Newly Designed oval ear cups create more space for increased comfort.
- Intuitive controls: the LS35X features intuitive and Easy to use volume and mute controls using a unique system which is seamlessly integrated into the Aesthetic design of the headset.
- Crystal clear chat with dual microphones: dual microphone design offers a flexible boom mic with advanced noise cancellation. Remove the boom mic to use the integrated mic.
- Sound quality: immerse yourself in signature LucidSound audio acoustics. Users can choose between stereo or two Surround modes: Windows Sonic for headphones or Dolby atmos for headphones.